Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- 100grams chicken breast fillets
- 1 cup Sweet Corn Kernels
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped carrot
- 1/6 teaspoon of nutmeg powder
- 2 tablespoon of Cornflour(gluten free)
- 1 Egg white
- Salt to taste
- A dash of grated ginger and garlic
- 1 tablespoon of chopped spring onions
- Black Pepper, Soy sauce and Vinegar to serve
- 600 ml water or chicken stock
- Cut chicken fillets in half lengthways and finely slice crossways.
- In a large pot bring to boil chicken fillets, sweet corn kernels, salt and carrot. Boil for 15minutes in medium flame.
- Mix well cornflour with 4 tablespoons of above chicken water and pour into the soup mixing thoroughly. Make sure no lumps are formed.
- Add a dash of grated ginger and garlic and nutmeg powder, mix well.
- Now slowly drizzle egg whites into the pot, stir immediately. Boil for 5minutes in high flame.
- Garnish with spring onions, drizzle soy sauce, vinegar and a dash of pepper and serve hot.