Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Serves: 6 Jumbo Muffins
Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are light, fluffy and they are great for breakfast or as an afternoon snack with a cup of tea and are just 135 calories per muffin
- 1 cup mashed Bananas
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp Chocolate chips
- 1 Egg
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together egg, applesauce, vanilla extract, sugar and mashed bananas.
- Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until they are just combined. Add 1 tbsp Chocolate chips and mix well.
- Spray jumbo muffin tin with cooking spray (or use paper liners), and spoon 2/3 cup batter into each cup and scatter over remaining 1/2 tbsp Chocolate chips and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.