Indian Chicken Curry
Recipe Type: Side Dish
- 1 kg Chicken boneless or with bones
- 1 big chopped Onion
- 2 tbsp of Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2tbsp of Red chilli powder
- 1tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp of Garam masala
- 1tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup Dry or Fresh grated Coconut
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 50ml Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 4 Cardamoms
- 2 Cloves
- 1 bunch freshly chopped Coriander leaves
- 1/2 bunch Fresh Mint leaves
- 1/2 bunch Fresh Fenugreek/Methi leaves
- 1 Cup Water
- Mix Chicken, Ginger Garlic paste(1tbsp), Red chilli powder, Coriander powder, Garam masala, turmeric powder, Salt, Lime Juice and marinate for an hour in deep freezer.
- For Gravy: Grind Onions, grated coconut, poppy seeds and ginger garlic paste(1tbsp) to a fine paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add Cardamom, cloves, Cinnamon, and fry for a minute.
- Add the above grinded paste and fry in low flame till it turns golden color.
- Add Coriander leaves, Mint Leaves and Fenugreek/Methi leaves. Fry for 2minutes.
- Now add the marinated chicken and fry 10 minutes in high flame stirring in between.
- Add 1 cup of water and allow it boil for 30 to 40minutes in low flame. You can add more water if you want to have more gravy. That’s your choice.
- Cook until the gravy thickens and Chicken is tender.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.